Welcome

I am pleased to announce that we are expanding and adding writers besides myself so please be on the lookout for upcoming posts by prolific authors.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Apple and the Rise and Fall of Man

The serpent was slier than any creature the heavens wrought. It approached her and in a quiet, an oh so quiet whisper, he seduces her, smiling, looking her in the eyes, he says sit next to me, she sits. The serpent says “I can make you powerful; your husband he too can be powerful. Right now you are in the dark, but the light is not far, God knows of your darkness but chooses to keep you there; if you eat from that tree, it will make you as powerful as God himself. There will be light, no death, only the light that will make you Gods yourself.”


She was anxious, she asked herself “who is this creature, what is this creature.” But the creature knows her thoughts, he says “God has made the heavens and the earth, everything from the stars to the depths of hell, but the power is not his own, he keeps it for himself. The fruit from that tree your husband has named apple will give you the power of God, so eat, share with your husband and you will see.”


She succumbs, and gives the fruit to the man, who eats also, and the eyes of the two of them were opened.

Flash forward 2000 years and humanity is succumbing to another Apple, except there is no sly serpent, but a first class sales men from Cupertino, CA. The upcoming release of the new IPhone and its operating system has me pondering what new powers I can wield. While it might not make me god; it does me all knowing; no I can’t make a woman from a rib or man from dust, but I can create HD movies with the tips of my fingers, something the bible never attributed to god. Apple has made me a super multitasker, I can check email, talk, figure out the name of a song, find a restaurant, and send video all without resting on the 7th day. So I welcome the new IPhone and its features. Why, because I remember the darkness, colorless phones lacking style and swagger; however unlike our greatest ancestors this byte of the apple will pay off.

No comments: